Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Number 1

Today was the day my baby went from this

smiling drew

to this.  

IMG_2235

(I guess I missed a few steps in between, but you know what I mean)

Yep, today was Drew’s first birthday.  We had a pretty good day.  I took the day off,  Dad got off early, and we celebrated!

First we went to the store and picked up some balloons, for the party of course. 

IMG_2221

A nap was needed after the trip to the store, and once that was over,  Mr. Bedhead had to read some books. 

IMG_2231

After some preparation,the party was in full force.

IMG_2246

We had spaghetti (Drew’s first) for dinner. 

IMG_2259

Doesn’t it look appetizing?

IMG_2262

Emily did not think so. 

IMG_2280

After dinner, Drew was very excited to see his loot. 

IMG_2269IMG_2298

He had fun opening his presents and sharing his toys with his cousins (Although, I think we’ll have to work on the sharing thing).

IMG_2324IMG_2317IMG_2332

And of course, we had to have birthday cake.  Thanks Grandma Suzie for making the best cake.  It was delicious. 

IMG_2339IMG_2360

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday little guy!!! Looks like he had a great 1st birthday!! My how the time flies huh!!!

Becky said...

Wow that year really flew by! I can't believe he is already 1!!