Monday, April 9, 2012

growth

 IMG_5213

Since Henry is pretty stable lately, I think I am going to decrease my blog posts to once or twice a week.  We will see how things go. 

Here’s Henry’s latest:

  • Now weighs 1290 grams (he started at 1150).  This is not water weight.  Yay for Hank!  Goal:  4000 grams for pacemaker placement.
  • Still on high flow oxygen (about 5 liters). 
  • Feeds are being increased daily and he really tolerates the feeds well.
  • Milrinone off.  Follow up ECHO on Wednesday. 
  • Arterial line out.
  • Not on too many drugs.  Hydrocortisone being tapered off.  Diflucan for 2 more days (antifungal – used just in case).  Caffeine.  Morphine and versed as needed for agitation (usually gets 1 or 2 doses of each per day). 
  • Happy baby who is content to sleep in his warm house.

IMG_5215

Tonight, I got to hold Hank for the first time.  His nurse Jenny and I gave him a bath and changed his bedding.  He was awake the whole time and really didn’t get too upset.  What a sweet baby. 

bath

2 comments:

AJ Williams said...

When I had my twins they couldn't be held for a while either. When you get to make that physical contact, they feel so much more like yours. Congrats!

Tammie said...

I'm so very happy you got to hold him :) :) :)