Thursday, April 19, 2012

a month (4 weeks)

shadows

Steve is in Anaheim with his robotics team this week, so I have been spending my time juggling both my kids.  Luckily, I have babysitters for the youngest (expensive babysitters), and my mom is here in Salt Lake with us, so between the two of use, we are good.

 IMG_5234

Henry is doing pretty good.  He weighs 1410 grams, 3 pounds and 1 ounce.  Yay for not being in the two’s anymore.  He has been getting a tour of the NICU, they changed his bed space again.  We don’t mind though.

IMG_5232 

Some other things…

    • He is still on vancomycin and gentamicin, only 5 more days of those.  His CRP has been coming down. 
    • Continuing CPAP, which is miserable.  He doesn’t seem to mind too much though.  We have been weaning it down. 
    • Eye exam was good.  He still has a ways to go before he is fully developed, but doesn’t look like there are problems. 

IMG_5233

I have found out that Henry likes to sleep with his hands behind his head.  He does it every single night I go check on him.  Funny baby. 

I have been able to help with Hank’s “cares” more.  Diaper changes, mouth cleanings, pulse checks.  It’s nice to feel like I’m doing something other than just pumping all day.   I did get to hold him again the other night while his nurse changed his bedding, but just for a second. 

Can’t wait till he gets to go home!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Good, so glad you got to hold him. And 3 lbs? That's great!