Saturday, June 15, 2013

poppies

My friend Lisa asked me the other day if I was going to take pictures of my kids in the poppies in Mantua.  I had no idea there were fields of poppies in Mantua, but, she assured me there was.  So, on our way home from Salt Lake today, I made Steve make a pit stop.  Good thing I had my camera cause, she wasn’t kidding. 

 

IMG_1414

 

There was already a path through the poppies, probably due to all the people there that go to take pictures.  On our way into the field, I had to double check with Steve that there were no snakes.  I don’t like snakes.  Apparently Drew doesn’t either.  After that, he kept asking in a really whiny voice if there were snakes in there.  Oops.  After a little bit of whining, Steve finally got Drew to smile for some pictures.

 

IMG_1369

IMG_1372IMG_1379

 

IMG_1391

But not for all of them. 

IMG_1394

IMG_1396

It was hard to get pictures of Hank in the poppies, because they were so tall, and he isn’t. 

IMG_1403IMG_1431

Daddy helped out with that. 

IMG_1456IMG_1457

Such pretty flowers.  We might have to make a tradition of this (thanks Lisa)!

IMG_1478

Hank wasn’t quite sure why Drew was touching his face.  Perhaps it’s something to eat? 

IMG_1505

Look at Hank’s hand on his brother’s leg.  Aww. 

IMG_1529

Maybe they’ll be buddies some day.  Hank isn’t sure.   

IMG_1538

IMG_1511IMG_1555

Seriously though, go check out the poppies.  You won’t regret it.

IMG_1465

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love that you took pictures of your boys here. These poppies have some family history significance, like my ancestors brought them from Denmark or something...I should know but I don't. oops. My mom grew up in Mantua I really should know. So fun!