Saturday, July 6, 2013

babies

We recently had a pair of robins make a nest in one of our little apple trees.  I decided I was going to document the baby robins daily after they were born.  I tried really hard, but got attacked constantly when I would try to take pictures.  Anyway, here are the ones that I did get.  Cute little babies. 

Here’s our nest and the 4 pretty eggs. 

IMG_0780IMG_0775

Here is the first day the robins hatched from their nests.  Only 2 of the 4 eggs hatched.  Dad and Mom weren’t too happy with me being this close. 

day1fday1g

You can see why, they are just so little.

day1b

This is the babies 2nd day of life.  Hungry.  This was the only day I really got decent pictures of them.  After that, it was hard.  Plus, I didn’t want to disrupt them too much. 

day2bday2h

Day 3, Mama wouldn’t even get off the nest for me to take pictures. 

day3c

Mom and Dad guarding the nest on day 4. 

day4j

Day 5 was the last day I tried to get pictures.  I did get a picture of Mama with food for the babies though. 

day5bday5f

Here they are on some later day, I lost track.  For about 3 days they were in our backyard learning to fly.  Then they left. 

IMG_1760

It was fun for us to watch the process. 

No comments: